Document Type : Original Article
Niroo research institute
Isfahan University of Technology
Due to the increasing non-linear loads in power systems and furthermore, the increase of loads sensitive to power quality pollution, power quality issues have become important. Power quality disturbances in general cause many problems for power systems. One of the most important problems is economic issues and costs imposed on the network. In this paper, the classification of the origin of power quality problems and the most important technical damages caused by power quality are addressed. Therefore, in this article the effect and distortions of power quality on losses and lives of equipment i.e. cables and overhead lines, power transformers, capacitor banks are formulated. Furthermore, the costs and damages caused by these disturbances on various equipment of power system have been investigated. In this regard, using the results of power quality measurement in Khizrabad (Yazd) Industrial Substation, the amount of damage to the system has been calculated in this pilot.
- Hossain, M. R. Tür, S. Padmanaban, S. Ay, and I. Khan, "Analysis and mitigation of power quality issues in distributed generation systems using custom power devices," IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 16816-16833, 2018.
- Zhou and R. Gong, "Study on Pricing Method of Power Quality Differentiated Market Service in Distribution Grid," IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 147021-147028, 2019.
- Zang, Y. Xiang, and J. Yang, "The tripartite game model for electricity pricing in consideration of the power quality," Energies, vol. 10, no. 12, p. 2025, 2017.
- Saadat, R.-A. Hooshmand, A. Kiyoumarsi, M. Tadayon, and Distribution, "Harmonic pricing in power systems based on identifying the appropriate contribution of customers," IET Generation, Transmission, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 73-80, 2018.
- Bhattacharyya, J. Myrzik, and W. Kling, "Consequences of poor power quality-an overview," 2007 42nd International Universities Power Engineering Conference, pp. 651-656, 2007.
- Fuchs and M. A. Masoum, Power quality in power systems and electrical machines. Academic press, 2011.
- Shareghi, B. Phung, M. Naderi, T. Blackburn, and E. Ambikairajah, "Effects of current and voltage harmonics on distribution transformer losses," 2012 IEEE International Conference on Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis, pp. 633-636, 2012.
- "IEEE Recommended Practice for Establishing Liquid-Immersed and Dry-Type Power and Distribution Transformer Capability When Supplying Nonsinusoidal Load Currents," IEEE Std C57.110(TM)-2018 (Revision of IEEE Std C57.110-2008), 1-68, 2018, doi: 10.1109/IEEESTD.2018.8546832.
- IEEE Guide for Loading MineralOil-Immersed Transformers and Step-Voltage Regulators, 2011.
A.Eberhard, Power quality. BoD–Books on Demand, 2011.